This application has the following features:
- Talking device – write text and click on Play button, TTS engine will generate voice from text.
- Talking ringtone – write text and choose ‘Set as ringtone&alarm’ from the menu, TTS engine will generate a voice ringtone. It will be available as a ‘SpeakIt’ ringtone in the default ringtones’ location and as an alarm sound.
- Talking fast button on the Home Screen – write text and choose ‘Save on Home Screen widget’. This could be used by deaf to save an urgent warning/message on Home Screen and play it by just taking the phone out of the pocket and pressing the button. It takes a couple of seconds to do this.
- Timer talk – write text and choose ‘Start timer’. Voice message will be played when the countdown reaches zero. You can change the countdown value in Settings. This could be used for pranks.
- Different voice talk – change voice pitch to low, normal or high.
- Talking notification – write text and choose ‘Set as notification’ from the menu. It will be available as a ‘Speak It’ notification sound.
- Speaking SMS messages aloud – start Speak It SMS service to read aloud all incoming SMS messages.
- Adjust sound volume with the device’s media volume button.
- STOP key – click on the back button to stop the playback
- Save a sound file and send it over skype or email
- A ‘speaking’ indicator shows when the device is actually speaking
- Tell a friend about SpeakIt (skype, facebook, mail etc. )
Requires Android version 1.6 and higher.
The application must be installed on the internal device storage only since it contains a Home Screen widget and a Service. Cannot move to SD card.
The following languages are currently supported:
- English (American and British accents)